5 recipes that will help fuel your day
Ready to take your favourite recipes to the next level? Cooking at home is a great opportunity to experiment with new textures and flavours. Whether it’s with a quick (yet indulgent) breakfast, mid-morning munch or a decadent (and nutritious!) dessert, we all need a few go-to recipes to help keep us fueled throughout the day.
From Snack Bars and Cookie Bars to Keto Energy Bites, SimplyProtein products provide you with plant-based energy to help keep you going physically and mentally, giving you the fuel to be you. We spoke to Canadian chefs, bakers and content creators who gave us a few unique and delicious ways to add SimplyProtein products to a variety of meal and snack ideas to elevate some of your favourite recipes.
1. Sweet & Savoury Pecan Trail Mix
Remember your favourite trail mix as a kid? The Cinnamon Pecan Snack Bar takes it to a whole new level. Simply crumble or cut the bar into small pieces and mix into an airtight container with mixed nuts and dried fruit such as cherries, whole roasted almonds, unsweetened flaked coconut, brazil nuts and raisins. This is a great plant-based on-the-go snack, and it’s deliciously simple, convenient and nutritious!
- 1 SimplyProtein Pecan Snack Bar
- Your preferred amounts of:
- Mixed nuts
- Dried fruit (i.e. cherries, cranberries, raisins, etc.)
- Crumble or cut the bar into small pieces
- Mix ingredients into an airtight container
2. Gluten-Free Protein Doughnuts with A Crumble on Top
Looking for a fun, nutritious and delicious way to start your day? Here’s a healthy swap! Comfort food meets nutrition with these protein doughnuts topped with a Peanut Butter Cookie Bar crumble. Get all the goodness of your favourite snack for breakfast in this gluten-free version.* Mix up the crumble each time you make them to keep your tastebuds entertained. The real question, is it doughnut or donut?
*Can be gluten-free if using gluten-free oats.
- 2 SimplyProtein Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs (substitute with ½ cup of apple sauce for plant-based alternative)
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup yogurt of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey (substitute with maple syrup for plant-based alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mini chocolate chips (we recommend organic semi-sweet)*
*Can be plant-based if using dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Preheat over to 400 F.
- Blend all ingredients in blender (except chocolate chips!).
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil (or oil of choice).
- Pour blended mixture into greased tin. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, use doughnut mold and crumble the Cookie Bars on top.
- These also freeze wonderfully if you make a big batch!
3. Easy Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Brownies
If you have a sweet tooth, you’re not alone! Whip up these good-for-you treats that are packed with wholesome ingredients like roasted peanuts and oats, as well as protein. Combine the delicious forces of a brownie and our Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar for a soft-baked texture. Feel free to use a homemade brownie batter or prepare your favourite boxed brownie batter!
- 3 SimplyProtein Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar (we suggest coconut sugar)
- ½ cup vegan butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients together from top of list to bottom, keeping out the chocolate chips and Cookie Bars.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips, add half to the batter and save the other half.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of unmelted chocolate chips and combine.
- Add the bars to a high-speed blender and blend until crumbled.
- Pour the brownie batter into a parchment lined baking pan then add the crumble evenly on top.
- Press to combine.
- Pour over the rest of the melted chocolate.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, check with knife to see if it’s baked through.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Creamy Vegan Rice Pudding with Keto Bite Crumble
With this healthy and delicious dessert that doubles as a breakfast, you’ll be coming back for more in no time! The ingredients used in this vegan rice pudding recipe make it hearty yet delicate. Top it off with a Chocolate Coconut Keto Energy Bite crumble, raspberry jam and coconut yogurt for an extra delight. This light and comforting dessert just might be the creamiest rice pudding you’ll ever have.
- 4 SimplyProtein Chocolate Coconut Keto Energy Bites (pulsed in a food processor or blender for topping)
- 1 cup short white grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups oat milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 tbsp coconut chips or shavings
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries for toppings
- In a medium saucepan add rice, oat milk and cinnamon.
- Bring to a simmer and cook on low for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- You can always add more oat milk if it's getting thick.
- Remove from heat, add maple syrup and stir well. In a small clear bowl, add rice pudding with coconut yogurt, raspberry jam.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, coconut chips and of course a SimplyProtein Chocolate Coconut Keto Energy Bite crumble.
- Eat and Enjoy!
SimplyProtein products are loaded with quality ingredients, delicious flavours and divine textures, making them not only great as-is, but a perfect addition to any meal occasion. Pick your favourite recipe (or two, or three) from our list and share how you personalize it by adding your own unique twist. The combinations are endless!
Tag us on social media @SimplyProteinCanada and #SimplyProtein_Canada for a chance to be featured.
Tag us on social media @SimplyProtein and #SimplyProtein.