At Wellness Foods, we are committed to fueling our bodies with the very best. Likewise, we are committed to making sure our company maintains the lowest possible impact on our planet.
Wellness Foods continues to strive to reduce its ecological footprint as much as possible. We have simple rules that continue to ensure our office is as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Printing: Printing is done only when absolutely necessary, so that we have minimum paper waste. All printer paper is re-used over and over as makeshift notebooks, scrap paper, and drawing paper until it is recycled
- Recycling: We maintain a recycling bin, scrap paper bin, and compost bin, to reduce the amount of garbage we throw out.
- Kitchen: Within our office, we also do not use any disposable cups, plates, bowls, or utensils. Instead we have actual kitchenware that is washed and reused like a household kitchen.
- Conservation: Employees are also reminded to turn off lights and computers when they are not being used to minimize our electrical consumption.
The SimplyProtein Bar demo team is instructed on the importance of our product sampling and event participation being as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We utilize completely biodegradable sampling cups.
- The table cloths we use are never thrown out; they are washed and reused.
- We do not use disposable knives or plates at our product tasting but instead each demo person is equipped with a chopping board and kitchen knife.
- We only use canvas totes to transport items to product demonstrations, and reuse the totes each time. In the case of a tote being rendered unusable for demonstrations, we pass the tote on to our staff to reuse at grocery stores.
- We even encourage our demo staff to take public transportation, walk, or bike to locations rather than driving
- At Wellness Foods we are extremely proud of our outstanding ingredient selection. We source and purchase only natural non-GMO ingredients. This fact not only demonstrates the quality of our products, but also shows our concern for the environmental impact of the ingredients within our bars.
- The SimplyProtein Bar box is made from 100% recycled paper fibers with a minimum of 35% post-consumer content.
- We also reuse all boxes and packing materials in which items are delivered to our office for packing up our own outbound shipments.
At Wellness Foods, we use three methods to reduce our overall carbon emissions:
- Public Transit Commuting: Our office is located directly on the main transit line and all workers are encouraged to use public transit to commute to the office. Due to the accessability of our office on the transit line, even the employees that commute from other cities use a variety of transit services.
- Bicycles: Our office is designed to accomidate bycicles and bycicle gear. A third of all employees bycicle to work, and take transit on days the weather does not permit cycling.
- Walking: One third of our office enjoys walking to work, and employees are encouraged to walk as a team.
At least 85% of our employees choose an enviromentally friendly mode of transportation. When employees must attend events or longer distance meetings, they are encouraged to choose local establishments within walking distance, to take public transit as a group, or to carpool if none of the aforementioned options are possible.