Glycemic Diabetic Snacks
Low Glycemic and Healthy Snacks for Diabetics
All of our protein bars and snacks have a low glycemic index. In each SimplyProtein Snack, there is 15-16g of protein and less than 4g of sugar. Instead of using large amounts of fat and sugars we rely on non-GMO soy, whey and pea protein in addition to great ingredients. Foods that have a high glycemic index should be avoided as they contain little to no protein or fiber, high amounts of sugar, and can increase excess insulin in the body.
Why Low GI?
- High insulin levels and insulin resistance are two of the primary causes of obesity and being overweight
- High glycemic index foods have also been linked to increased blood sugar levels and long-term side-effects including memory loss, wrinkles, and heart disease
- SimplyProtein are low in sugar, so they can help you maintain a healthy diet and minimize the risks of diabetes and obesity
- SimplyProtein does not contain any sweeteners, fructose or sugar alcohols (which the body cannot fully absorb - lead to indigestion and bloating)
Eat SimplyProtein When:
- You need a snack in between meals (and it won’t ruin your dinner)
- You need a quick breakfast (a great low glycemic nutrition bar)
- You are traveling and need to fuel up
Read more on sugar: The Gassy Truth of Low Calorie Sweeteners like Maltitol & Sorbitol
See all our low GI and diabetic-friendly snacks: