Recipe: Pumpkin Pie with Simply Crust
This entry was posted on December 13, 2016.
Looking for ways to make your holiday treats better for you? This super easy no-bake recipe features a SimplyProtein Bar® crust for a delicious, gluten-free and vegan option!
Yield: 1 9-inch pie, 8 servings
You will need:
- 9-inch pie dish
- Food processor or blender
- Parchment paper
- 2 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 SimplyProtein® Double Chocolate Bar
- 1-1/2 tsp Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. In a food processor, blend crust ingredients until crumbly.
2. Take a piece of parchment paper and press into pie dish.
3. Take crust mixture and spread on top of parchment paper. With your hand, press the mixture into the pan until it is an even thickness.
4. In a food processor, blend the filling ingredients.
5. Carefully pour the filling into the pie dish with crust mixture.
6. Optional: Spread or pipe your favourite whipped topping over the surface of the pie for a festive look.
7. Refrigerate to allow crust to firm and hold.
8. When ready to serve, remove the parchment paper and enjoy!