Another Recipe Using Our Chips - Onion Rings with Our Herb Chips
This entry was posted on January 21, 2014.
Oven-Baked Onion Rings with Herb Chip Crust
Oven-Baked Onion rings with the herb flavoured chips are both delicious and easy to make. We love this recipe because it isn’t fried but still has that delicious flavour we’ve all come to know and love. We think our Herb flavoured chips complimented it perfectly.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups finely crushed Simply Protein Herb chips
- 2 larger onions
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 390 F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup (35 grams) flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp cayenne. Minus the spoons.
- In another medium bowl, combine the yogurt, eggs and 1/2 cup (70 grams) plus 2 tbsp flour. Whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Crush all the chips finely and place them in a bowl too.
- Peel the onions and cut them into 1/2 inch (1 cm) rings.
- Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment. Drizzle with 3 tbsp vegetable oil, then pop it into the hot oven for 8 minutes – or until the oil just starts to smoke.
- In the meantime, toss the onion rings in the flour mixture.
- Dip each ring into the batter. Let the excess batter dribble off a little.
- Then coat the rings with the crushed potato chips.
- Place the rings on the hot baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, then flip each ring over before baking for another 8 minutes. Since you will probably have more rings than you can fit in one baking sheet you might need to work in batches.
- Sprinkle with salt while the rings are still hot.
This recipe was taken from Petra at Zoomy Yummy.